Go Green Policy
We aspire to minimize our impact on our environment and maximize the effective use of resources..
IRIS at a glance
We accept that we must work to preserve the environmental sustainability of the planet at all levels of its operations – in our practice, as a participant in a community of practice, and as a participant in the U.S. social discourse. We aspire to minimize our impact on our environment and maximize the effective use of resources. We strive to achieve this by increasing communication and awareness of our efforts in accordance with this policy and fostering responsible environmental behavior amongst staff, volunteers, and users at all levels.
The specific measures that support this policy are:
- Go paperless: We encourage e-mailing. When paper is necessary, photocopy on both sides and use old letterhead for scrap paper.
- Recycle: We recycle glass, paper, plastic, metal trash and manufacturing waste materials.
- Buy green: We tell suppliers that we're interested in sustainable products and set specific goals for buying recycled, refurbished, or used. We make the environment, and not just price, a factor when purchasing.
- Transportation: We consider the fuel it takes to ship and receive products. We evaluate the impact of products we buy or sell, and we find ways to mitigate those impacts.
- Save water: Monitor sinks and toilets for leaks that result in wastage of water.